Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

Hi,



My daughter's (almost) four, and she has beautiful hair! My husband and i love it, and we refuse to cut it! It's naturally straight, and we take good care of it...she brushes it 2x a day, washes it somewhere around 1-3 times every 1-2 weeks, and she always wears it down. It looks strangely cut,though....it looks like she has cut-bangs! But we never cut her hair--it just grows like that (oddly enough). Anyway, my husband wants to highlight her hair! I'm like "WHAT??" .... I almost fainted. He thinks she would look cute(r) with light, light, LIGHT blond highlights. Her hair is brown, and has somewhat blond highlights now, from the sun and whatnot. I absolutely refused! He also wants to give her a "bowlcut trim"!! I told him he "already gave our two year old son one, our daughter is NOT getting one!!" .... Wouldn't you agree with me, not to let him touch her hair? Or should I let him (not the cut, just the highlights of course)? Here's a pic of what her hair looks like now;



http://www.hairfinder.com/articles2005/k...



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

Well I am a pro too and I have a 5 year old and 9 year old and neither of my daughters have ever had any type of chemical put on their hair. Some people might view it as more of a personal preferrence, but I disagree. I love making money just as much as the next person, but anytime a parent comes in to get any type of chemical done for their child that is under 10.....I try to talk them out of it.



My shop policy is this.....I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE.....not to be sound mean, but I do not put any type of chemical on a child under the age of 7.



I hope this helps!!!



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

She's so young! Don't do it until she's able to decide for herself.



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

your husband is crazy. i dont care if he is a professional hair stylist, he's gone too far wanting to mess with his *FIVE YEAR OLDS* hair. kids have naturally vibrant color that adults would die to have. theres no way she needs her hair colored. its goind to look really weird, and people are going to look at you like "why did you dye your childs hair?" Micheal jackson bleaches his kids hair, and he's crazy for sure. its just...wrong!



and a "bowlcut trim" whatever that is.... all one lenght? no, thats not good either. if hes a hairstylist, why does he want to give her a bad hair cut?



little kids dont need *hairstyles* just hair cuts when their bangs are going in their eyes or getting too long to keep neat and not tangled.



just tell your crazy husband to keep his bleach at work and leave your daughter alone!



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

That is so young to start putting high lites on a little girl....She looks beautiful the way she is now ......



Good Luck ~



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

Please don't do this.



She's a little girl....whatever kind or color hair she has is beautiful.



She'll have plenty of time when she gets older to mess up her hair.



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

for crying out loud ... let the kid get through kindergarden at least before you start altering her appearance.



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

Leave it alone... she's very little



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

haha dont do it you'll regret it.



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

heck no! ur daughter's hair sounds like its very pretty...dont let him touch her hair



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

Oh my goodness she is WAY too young.



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

No! That is the craziest thing I have ever heard.



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

deff not



shes only four



u can start dying it when shes 11



but trust me once u dye it it



will NEVER go back to its natural color.



so i wont do it



shes only 4



( ;



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

thats absurd. there are just to many reasons to list against it. lets just say its damaging, unneccesary, and shes only FIVE! Image what that will do to her hair if she starts at such a young age!



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

I wouldn't give any kid a bowl cut for one thing...a trim is fine though. As for highlights on a kid that age....no way!! I'm with you on that one!



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

Allow her natural beauty to be left as it is. Coloring her hair at this young age is pretty silly. Might do damage and break her hair, too.



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

Why, why, WHY would you want to put chemicals in your beautiful, perfect little girl's hair? Let her do stuff like that to herself when she's older. Please don't get her into all that cosmetic garbage so early in life.



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

NO, NO, NO, NO......



Please, DO NOT HIGHLIGHT HER HAIR!!!!!!!



She is four years old!!! I'm thirteen and I'm not allowed to highlight my hair! Please don't! Don't damage her beautiful hair.



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

DON'T DON'T DON'T!!! You'll fry that baby "fuzz" right off.. wait till she's older.. she's just a child.. let her enjoy her baby beauty.. don't try to make her look like a barbie doll



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

she looks gorgeous with what she has now, don't ruin it !



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

Her hair is beautiful! Don't let him highlight her hair that is just ridiculous! She is only four it could do total damange! Leave her hair the way it is, which means NO BOWLCUT trim. Those are for boys, she's cute the way she is.



Your husband doesn't know what he's talking about at all..



The only thing wrong you are doing with her hair is you should start washing it daily.



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

yah yah go ahead....



that is if you want to start ruining her



hair since shes 4!!!!!



by the time he turns 12 she would be bald



at that rate



dont do it if you care for your daughter



she is only a little kid and her her is already



pretty she needs no highlights



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

NO DO NOT LET HIM TOUCH HER HAIR!



I wish i could get my hair to be like pretty and good colored



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

Think of the chemicals. Think of the message your daughter's recieving. Looks are not important, and you need to teach that to her now, while she is young.



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

no!!! if her hair is good then leave it that way!!!



how about trim her hair to her soulders!!!!! yah he lost his noodles!



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

yeah your daughter isnt even 4 let her be a kid while she can and i cant believe she has a hair routine.. i'm telling you you might not see it now but you will ruin her and her childhood and what kind of person she grows up to be. It mad me kind of sad for her when i read this one!



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

Ummm... thats one of the most insane things that I have ever heard of! SHE'S 5! Tell him to wait at least another 10 years for highlights... As for the trim, if you want everyone to think she's a boy, go for it.



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

What is he trying to do, make her look like a Playboy bunny?! There is absolutely no reason to even suggest to this little girl that there is something wrong with her that needs to be fixed so she'll be more attractive. If you color her hair, that is exactly what you're saying to her. Draw the line, honey!



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

he has definatley lost his noodles. as you put it. you should definatley stand your ground on this one. i am 14 and am just getting highlights. don't ruin your daughters hair and don't let him cut it!



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

don't, she will get a taste for dying her hair, and if you say no, she will be like but you let me get highlights!



plus bleach causes cancer, so if not just for the sake of keeping her cute and young, say no for her safety..



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

OMG she is SOOOOOOOoOOoOoOOO CUTE.. and did i mention SHE IS SOO CUTE!



Highlighting my 5yr old daughter's hair?

well he is a professional hair dresser hon



its not like hes some random business guy who wants to highlight it



but absolutely not



no highlights till age 8



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment